10 Reasons to Volunteer for your Association
Are you thinking about running for your board? If so, here are 10 reasons to encourage you to jump in.
1. Protect your self-interests. Protect your property values and maintain the quality of life in your community.
2. Correct a problem. Work with your , or do you think maybe maintenance has been neglected?
3. Be sociable. Meet your neighbors, make friends, and exchange opinions.
4. Give back. Repay a little of what’s been done for you.
5. Advance your career. Build your personal resume and experience by including your community volunteer service.
6. Have some fun. Association involvement doesn't have to be all work. Projects and meetings can be fun. Also accomplishing good things with your neighbors.
7. Get educated. Learn how it’s done. Get plugged in with your management company and insdustry pros to learn more.
8. Express yourself. Help with creative projects like community beautification or social gatherings
9. Earn recognition. Everyone enjoys a pat on the back. Your contributions will be recognized by your neighbors
10. Try some altruism. Improve society by helping others. As the saying goes, Helping others helps yourself.