Tips on Preparing Your Home for the Cold
With the cold winter weather among us, frozen and burst pipes can be a real issue. To help prevent this from happening to you, here are several tips to prepare your family and your home for the cold.
1. Open sink-cabinet doors to allow warm air in.
2. In case of a burst water pipe, know where your home's water shut-off valve is located.
3. Keep a flashlight handy in case of a power outage.
4. A slow trickle of water from a faucet on an outside wall can help prevent pipes from freezing.
5. Keep your thermostat stable. Large changes in your home temperature can cause pipes to burst.
In addition, remember to stay safe by avoiding icy walk ways and roads. Stay safe and stay warm!